While in the Philippines, we worked with multiple, diverse ministries under the larger umbrella of Global Surge:
- We were there in the poorest neighborhoods to support Kidzjam, an outreach that taught the kids songs and Bible stories.
- We supported one of many feeding centers, where the kids had to medically and financially qualify for assistance.
- We also attended a graduation of 800, of which 400 had completed their education at the Baptist Bible College Asia, preparing them for a life in ministry.
- Additionally, we helped clean and prepare a new gym for Tough Guys International, run by trained martial arts black belts aimed to help troubled and at-risk youth.
- On top of these, we supported two local churches started by Global Surge and several missionaries.
- We did not make it to a Youth Jam camp event, but this evangelistic ministry may be the most impressive, considering they celebrated their one-millionth camper registration in February! Global Surge has grown tremendously in a short number of years, impacting thousands of lives.